MammaryLife ™ Epithelial Medium Complete Kit
MammaryLife™ is a new medium optimized for the culture of Human Mammary Epithelial Cells. MammaryLifeTM supports the growth of these cells over a period of at least 15 population doublings
MammaryLifeTM Basal Medium contains no antimicrobials and no phenol red. Lifeline® offers antimicrobials and phenol red, but they are not required for eukaryotic cell proliferation.
- Kit format for formulation flexibility: MammaryLife™ is offered in a kit format composed of MammaryLife™ Basal Medium and MammaryLife™ LifeFactors Kit (containing associated supplements and growth factors). This kit allows you to prepare fresh medium in your laboratory, extending shelf life and enhancing performance.
- Protective packaging: MammaryLifeTM Basal Medium is provided in a light-protected 500 mL bottle. The remaining LifeFactors (growth factors and supplements) are packaged in a convenient gas-impermeable pouch for easy storage.
Performance Tested to Ensure Value
MammaryLifeTM Medium grows Human Mammary Epithelial Cells hrough at least 15 population doublings at rates that meet or exceed other commercially-available media while maintaining excellent cell morphology.
Superior proliferation: In comparisons with other commercially-available media, MammaryLifeTM induces superior proliferation and morphology in Human Mammary Epithelial Cells.
Shown left: Human Mammary Epithelial Cells, passage 4, 5 days after inoculation with 5,000 cells/cm2 in MammaryLifeTM (100X).
Shown below, left: Human Mammary Epithelial Cells, passage 4, 5 days after inoculation with 5,000 cells/cm2 in competitor media (100X).
Shown below, right: MammaryLifeTM is superior to competitor media for morphology and proliferation of Human Mammary Epithelial Cells.
MammaryLife™ cell culture medium is also quality tested for:
- Sterility Testing: Negative for bacteria and fungal growth
- pH: 7.5 +/- 0.2
- Cell Testing: Rate of proliferation and morphology
- Osmolality: 315 +/- 10 mOsm
- Endotoxin: < 0.5 EU/mL
Product Specification Sheets
Mammary Cell Systems
Protocols & Instructions