Primary Human Female Reproductive Cells
Normal human female reproductive cells, as primary cells, include: cervical epithelial, vaginal epithelial, fallopian tube epithelial, uterine fibroblasts, uterine smooth muscle, and endometrial epithelial cells.
Primary human cells are directly cultured from their source organ tissue.
- Your experimental outcomes will be true: Primary female reproductive cells have not been modified in any way. This helps avoid altering the outcome of your experiments.
- Your research outcomes will be more representative of the general population: Primary female reproductive cells can come from many donors. Having a variety of primary cell types from many different donors (young, old, male, female, different ethnicities, etc.) is especially useful when carrying out early drug testing. This helps ensure that the drug is effective for everyone.
- Your experimental results won’t be negatively impacted: Lifeline cells have not been exposed to antimicrobials or phenol red, components which can cause cell stress and “masking effects” that may negatively impact experimental results.
- Especially appropriate for accurate results using reproductive cells: If reproductive cells are exposed to phenol red, it can act as a weak estrogen and may stimulate estrogen receptors. This can cause masking effects that could negatively affect studies with human female reproductive cells. Lifeline female reproductive cells are not exposed to phenol red.
Optimized Media for Primary Female Reproductive Cells
Lifeline complete media kits, optimized specifically for primary female reproductive cells, will grow female reproductive cells faster than in any other commercially-available medium. Lifeline media kits include:
- ReproLife™ Reproductive Medium Complete Kit (for fallopian, vaginal, and endometrial epithelial cells)
- ReproLife™ CX Cervical Epithelial Medium Complete Kit (for cervical epithelial cells)
- FibroLife Serum Free or S2 (Low Serum) Fibroblast Medium Complete Kits (for uterine fibroblasts)
- VascuLife SMC Smooth Muscle Medium Complete Kit (for uterine smooth muscle cells)