Human Female Reproductive System
The female reproductive system that supports the fertilization and growth of an embryo includes the vagina, ovaries, fallopian tubes and the uterus. These organs all have a role in bringing a successful pregnancy to term, or alternatively, the expulsion of the functional layer of the Endometrial Epithelium during menses.
Research Studies with Female Reproductive Cells
In a recent paper by Pabona, et al., Lifeline® Normal Human Uterine Smooth Muscle Cells grown in VascuLife® SMC media were used as a control to myometrial biopsies from term and late-term pregnancies to study the contribution of Kruppel-like Factor 9 (KLF9) to human parturition. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25313913
They measured the expression levels of steroid hormone receptor, contractility, and inflammation-associated genes in myometrial biopsy tissue and in KLF-9-siRNA-transfected, RU486-treated human smooth muscle cells. They concluded that KLF9 may contribute to the onset of human parturition through is regulation of PGR expression and labor-associated cytokines.
Our Female Reproductive Cell Products can be utilized for the following purposes:
- As a Normal control cell system for various cancer studies:
- The uterine smooth muscle cell layer is where lieomyosarcoma tumors arise.
- Endometrial carcinomas arise from endometrial (uterine) epithelial cells ².
- For the study of normal female reproductive and female age-related biology: smooth muscle contractions, remodeling of the cervix during pregnancy and childbirth, hormonal changes, and menopause
- To research diseases of the female reproductive system: fibroid tumors, endometrial cancer, endometriosis
- And for toxicity and drug discovery studies
Lifeline® Human Female Reproductive Cells and Media
Lifeline® offers several normal human female reproductive cells and culture media:
- Normal Human Uterine Fibroblasts (HUtF)
- Normal Human Uterine Smooth Muscle Cells (HUtSMC)
- Normal Human Uterine Endometrial Epithelial Cells (Coming Soon)
- Normal Human Vaginal Epithelial Cells (Coming Soon)
- Normal Human Fallopian Tube Epithelial Cells (Coming Soon)
- FibroLife® S2 Complete Medium for Uterine Fibroblasts
- VascuLif®e SMC Complete Medium for Uterine Smooth Muscle Cells
- ReproLife Complete Medium for Uterine Endometrial Epithelial Cells, for Vaginal Epithelial Cells and for Fallopian Tube Epithelial Cells (Coming Soon)
All of our normal human female reproductive cells are cryopreserved to ensure the highest viability, purity, and plating efficiency. FibroLife® S2 and VascuLife® SMC media provide optimal culture conditions that meet or exceed other commercially available serum-containing media while maintaining cell morphology. ReproLife Complete Medium is a serum-free medium optimized for the female reproductive epithelial cells.
What Studies are You Doing with Female Reproductive Cells?
Are you working on any of our human female reproductive products? If so, please let us know below about your latest findings using our products!