RenaLife™ medium is optimized for the low-serum culture of Human Renal Epithelial Cells. RenaLife™ supports the growth of these cells over a period of at least 15 population doublings.
RenaLife™ Basal Medium contains no antimicrobials and no phenol red. These supplements are available from Lifeline® but are not required for eukaryotic cell proliferation.
- Kit format for formulation flexibility: RenaLife™ culture medium is offered in a kit format composed of RenaLife™ Basal Medium (500mL) and associated supplements and growth factors called “LifeFactors.” This kit allows you to prepare fresh medium in your laboratory, extending shelf life and enhancing performance.
- Protective packaging: RenaLife™ Basal Medium is provided in a light-protected 500 mL bottle.
- The RenaLife LifeFactors include:
ISO-Style Testing for Guaranteed Consistency and Reproducible Results
Every production lot of RenaLife™ Medium is extensively tested using Human Renal Epithelial Cells to ensure lot-to-lot consistency.
- Sterility Testing: Negative for bacterial and fungal growth
- pH: 7.5 +/- 0.2
- Cell Testing: Rate of proliferation and morphology
- Osmolality: 315 +/- 10 mOsm
- Endotoxin: < 0.5 EU/mL
RenaLifeTM Medium grows Human Renal Epithelial Cells through at least 15 population doublings at rates that are comparable to other commercially available low-serum media, while maintaining more characteristic epithelial morphology, e.g., more compact cuboidal shape, high refractive index and clarity of the cytoplasm.
Shown left: Renal Cortical Epithelial Cells, third subculture (100X).
Shown below: gamma-Glutamyltransferase (GGT) assay. The substrate (gamma-glutamyl-p-nitroanilide) and acceptor molecule (glycylglycine) are incubated with the cells in a sodium phosphate buffer for 30 minutes at 37°C. The released product is p-nitroaniline (PNA). The absorbance at 405 nm is measured and compared against a standard curve of PNA. Protein is quantified using a modified Bradford method.
Product Specification Sheets
Renal Cell Systems