DermaLife Ma culture medium has been optimized specifically for culturing Primary Adult Human Epidermal Melanocytes in a low-serum, PMA (phorbol myristate acetate) -free, Cholera toxin-free environment.
You’ll get consistently reproducible results with DermaLife Ma Melanocyte Medium. It’s balanced and supplemented expressly for Primary Adult Melanocytes to maximize that individual cell type’s life expectancy.
- Primary Adult Melanocytes will plate better using DermaLife Ma Melanocyte Medium (as compared to our nearest competitors’ media or traditional high-serum media)
- Primary Adult Melanocytes will grow more quickly in DermaLife Ma medium than in other commercially-available media
- Primary Adult Melanocytes maintain better morphology when cultured in DermaLife Ma medium
DermaLife Ma supports the growth of Primary Adult Human Epidermal Melanocytes over a period of at least 10 population doublings.
The DermaLife Ma Medium Complete Kit includes:
- DermaLife Basal Medium in a light-protected 500mL bottle. DermaLife Basal Medium contains no antimicrobials and no phenol red.
- DermaLife Ma LifeFactors Kit containing the associated supplements and growth factors includes:
Performance Tested to Ensure Value
Every production lot of DermaLife Ma Medium is extensively tested using Normal Human Primary Adult Melanocytes.
Superior proliferation: DermaLife Ma Medium grows Primary Adult Human Epidermal Melanocytes (HEMa) through at least 10 population doublings at rates that outperform other commercially available media while maintaining excellent cell morphology. In comparisons with other commercially-available media, DermaLife Ma shows superior proliferation and maintenance of L-DOPA Oxidase activity.
Shown left: Primary Adult Human Epidermal Melanocytes, passage 3, 10 days after inoculation with 5,000 cells/cm2 (100X).
Shown below: Primary Adult Human Epidermal Melanocytes achieve proliferation for > 40 days in DermaLife Ma but do not proliferate or survive beyond the first plating when grown in media offered by other media suppliers.
- Sterility: Negative for bacteria and fungal growth
- pH: 7.5 +/- 0.2
- Cell Performance: Rate of proliferation and morphology
- Osmolality: 315 +/- 10 mOsm
- Endotoxin: < 0.5 EU/mL
Product Specification Sheets
Skin Cell Systems