DermaLife M culture medium is a low serum, PMA-free, Cholera toxin-free medium optimized specifically for the culture of Human Primary Epidermal Melanocytes – Neonatal (HEMn). DermaLife M supports the growth of these Primary Melanocytes over a period of at least 15 population doublings.
You’ll get consistently reproducible results with DermaLife M Melanocyte Medium, which has been balanced and supplemented expressly for Primary Melanocytes Neonatal to maximize that individual cell type’s life expectancy.
- Your Primary Melanocytes will plate better using DermaLife M optimized medium (as compared to our nearest competitors’ media or traditional high-serum media)
- Your Primary Melanocytes will grow more quickly in DermaLife M medium than in other commercially-available media
- Primary Melanocytes will maintain better morphology when cultured in DermaLife M
DermaLife M Medium Complete Kit allows you to prepare fresh medium in your laboratory, extending shelf life and enhancing performance. The Kit includes:
- DermaLife Basal Medium in a light-protected 500 mL bottle. DermaLife Basal Medium contains no antimicrobials and no phenol red, which are not required for eukaryotic cell proliferation.
- DermaLife M LifeFactors Kit (associated supplements and growth factors) includes:
DermaLife M Medium grows Human Primary Epidermal Melanocytes -Neonatal (HEMn) through at least 15 population doublings at rates that exceed other commercially available media containing PMA or cholera toxin while maintaining excellent cell morphology and LDOPA Oxidase activity. In comparisons with other commercially-available media, DermaLife M shows superior proliferation at different seeding densities over a period of 7 days without media replacement.
Shown above left: Human Primary Epidermal Melanocytes -Neonatal, passage 4, 3 days after inoculation with 2,500 cells/cm2 (100X).
Shown above right: Human Primary Epidermal Melanocytes -Neonatal, passage 4, 6 days after inoculation with 2,500 cells/cm2 (100X).
Shown below: Human Primary Epidermal Melanocytes -Neonatal inoculated at the stated density in 24-well plates and stained with crystal violet on Day 4 or Day 7. Higher O.D. 590 represents a greater number of cells per well, and therefore, better proliferation.
Product Specification Sheets
Skin Cell Systems
Protocols & Instructions
- DermaLife® M Melanocyte Culture Medium
- Normal Human Epidermal Melanocytes-Adult (HEMa)
- Normal Human Epidermal Melanocytes-Neonatal (HEMn)
For Use With