OcuLifeTM cell culture medium is optimized for the culture of Human Corneal Epithelial Cells.
OcuLifeTM supports the growth of these cells over a period of at least three passages.
OcuLifeTM Basal Medium contains no antimicrobials and no phenol red. Lifeline® offers antimicrobials and phenol red, but they are not required for eukaryotic cell proliferation.
- Kit format for formulation flexibility: Offered in a kit format composed of basal medium and associated supplements and growth factors called LifeFactors. This kit allows you to prepare fresh medium in your laboratory, extending shelf life and enhancing performance.
- Protective packaging: OcuLifeTM Basal Medium is provided in a light-protected 500 mL bottle. The remaining LifeFactors (growth factors and supplements) are packaged in a convenient gas-impermeable pouch for easy storage.
OcuLifeTM Medium grows Human Corneal Epithelial Cells with optimal morphology over a period of at least three passages. In comparisons with other commercially available media, OcuLifeTM shows superior proliferation at different seeding densities.
Shown left: Human Corneal Epithelial Cells, passage 3, 8 days after inoculation at 5,000 cells/cm2 (100X).
Shown below: Human Corneal Epithelial Cells inoculated at the stated density in 24-well plates and stained with crystal violet. Higher O.D. 590 represents a greater number of cells per well and therefore, better proliferation.
OcuLife™ Medium is tested for:
- Sterility: Negative for bacteria and fungal growth
- pH: 7.5 +/- 0.2
- Cell Testing: Rate of proliferation and morphology
- Osmolality: 315 +/- 10 mOsm
- Endotoxin: < 0.5 EU/mL
Product Specification Sheets
Corneal Epithelial Cell Systems
- Normal Human Corneal Epithelial Cells [FC-0029]
Protocols & Instructions
- Normal Human Corneal Epithelial Cells (HCEC)
- OcuLife™ Corneal Epithelial Cell Culture Medium (protocol)