Lifeline® Vas Deferens Fibroblasts, when grown in FibroLife® S2 culture medium, provide an excellent in vitro model for the study of male reproductive biology. Vas Defens Fibroblasts can be used as normal controls for cancer cell studies and are also ideal for the study of:
- androgen receptors
- reproductive cell morphogenesis
- fibrosis of the vas deferens
- other male urogenital disease states including male infertility
- toxicity and drug discovery
Vas Deferens Fibroblasts are plated and expanded in culture vessels twice before being harvested for cryopreservation to ensure the highest viability and plating efficiency. Vas Deferens Fibroblast Cells are cultured in FibroLife® S2 Medium.
Lifeline® cells need not be exposed to antimicrobials or phenol red when cultured in Lifeline® culture media. That’s an advantage as these supplements can cause cell stress and “masking effects” that may negatively impact experimental results.
500,000 cells per vial
Human Vas Deferens Fibroblasts are tested for:
- Proliferation: Population growth at various densities
- Cell Viability: 70% or greater when thawed from cryopreservation
- Morphology: Normal cell appearance for 15 population doublings
- Sterility Testing: Negative for mycoplasma. Negative for bacterial and fungal growth.
- Virus Testing: Negative for HIV-1, HIV-2, HBV, and HCV by PCR
Product Specification Sheets
Reproductive Cell Systems
SDS and “Safety Data Sheets”
(MSDS or Material Safety Data Sheets)