FibroLife Fibroblast Serum Free Medium Complete Kit
FibroLife Serum-Free is a defined medium optimized specifically for the serum-free culture of Primary Human Fibroblasts. FibroLife Serum-Free supports the growth of these Primary Cells in a serum-free environment at rates equal to or greater than media supplemented with 2% to 10% FBS.
Primary Fibroblasts cultured in Lifeline® medium out-perform cells grown in any similar medium.
You’ll get consistently reproducible results with FibroLife medium, which has been balanced and supplemented expressly for Primary Human Fibroblasts, to maximize that individual cell type’s life expectancy.
- Your Primary Fibroblasts will plate better using FibroLife medium (as compared to our nearest competitors’ media or traditional high-serum media)
- Your Primary Fibroblasts will grow more quickly in FibroLife medium than in other commercially-available media
- Primary Fibroblasts will maintain better morphology when cultured in FibroLife medium
FibroLife Basal Medium contains no antimicrobials and no phenol red. Lifeline offers antimicrobial and phenol red, but they are not required for eukaryotic cell proliferation.
FibroLife Serum-Free provides a perfect cell system to establish serum-free human feeder layers for stem cell culture or as a model to study wound healing, toxicology or basic cell biology.
Kit format: FibroLife Serum-Free is offered in a kit format composed of basal medium and associated supplements and growth factors called LifeFactors . This kit allows you to prepare fresh medium in your laboratory, extending shelf life and enhancing performance. FibroLife Basal Medium is provided in a light-protected 500 mL bottle.
FibroLife LifeFactors Kit includes:
FibroLife Serum-Free Medium grows Primary Human Fibroblasts at rates that meet or exceed other commercially available serum-containing and serum-free media while maintaining excellent cell morphology.
Shown below: Primary Human Dermal Fibroblasts-Neonatal inoculated at low seedin densities in 24-well plates. Higher fluorescence represents a greater number of cells per well, and therefore, better proliferation.
FibroLife Serum-Free Medium has been quality tested for:
- Sterility: Negative for bacteria and fungal growth
- pH: 7.4 +/- 0.2
- Cell Performance: Rate of proliferation and morphology
- Osmolality: 270 +/- 10 mOsm
- Endotoxin: < 0.5 EU/mL
Product Specification Sheets
Lung Cell Systems
Skin Cell Systems
- Human Dermal Fibroblasts - Neonatal, Primary [FC-0001]
- Normal Human Dermal Fibroblasts -- Adult, Primary [FC-0024]
- Normal Human Primary Lung Fibroblasts [FC-0049]
- Normal Human Bladder Fibroblasts [FC-0050]
- Normal Human Vas Deferens Fibroblasts [FC-0052]
- Normal Human Uterine Fibroblasts [FC-0076]
- Human Prostate Fibroblasts [FC-0099]
- Human Scleral Fibroblasts [FC-0098]