FibroLife® Serum-Free is a defined medium optimized for the serum-free culture of fibroblasts. FibroLife® Serum-Free supports the growth of these cells in a serum-free environment at rates equal to or greater than media supplemented with 2% to 10% FBS.
FibroLife® Basal Medium contains no antimicrobials and no phenol red. Lifeline® offers antimicrobial and phenol red, but they are not required for eukaryotic cell proliferation.
FibroLife® Serum-Free provides a perfect cell system to establish serum-free human feeder layers for stem cell culture or as a model to study wound healing, toxicology or basic cell biology.
Kit format: FibroLife® Serum-Free is offered in a kit format composed of basal medium and associated supplements and growth factors called LifeFactors® . This kit allows you to prepare fresh medium in your laboratory, extending shelf life and enhancing performance. FibroLife® Basal Medium is provided in a light-protected 500 mL bottle. FibroLife® LifeFactors® Kit with growth factors and supplements is packaged in a convenient gas-impermeable pouch for easy storage.
FibroLife® Serum-Free Medium grows human fibroblasts at rates that meet or exceed other commercially available serum-containing and serum-free media while maintaining excellent cell morphology.
Shown at left: Human Dermal Fibroblasts-Neonatal, passage 2, 6 days after inoculation with 2,000 cells/cm2 (100X).
Shown below: Human Dermal Fibroblasts-Neonatal inoculated at low seedin densities in 24-well plates. Higher fluorescence represents a greater number of cells per well, and therefore, better proliferation.
FibroLife® Serum-Free Medium has been quality tested for:
- Sterility: Negative for bacteria and fungal growth
- pH: 7.4 +/- 0.2
- Cell Performance: Rate of proliferation and morphology
- Osmolality: 270 +/- 10 mOsm
- Endotoxin: < 0.5 EU/mL
Product Specification Sheets
Lung Cell Systems
Skin Cell Systems
- Human Dermal Fibroblasts - Neonatal, Primary [FC-0001]
- Normal Human Dermal Fibroblasts -- Adult, Primary [FC-0024]
- Normal Human Lung Fibroblasts, Primary [FC-0049]
- Normal Human Bladder Fibroblasts [FC-0050]
- Normal Human Vas Deferens Fibroblasts [FC-0052]
- Normal Human Uterine Fibroblasts [FC-0076]
- Human Prostate Fibroblasts [FC-0099]
- Human Scleral Fibroblasts [FC-0098]