Lifeline® normal Human Oral Keratinocytes (Gingiva), when grown in Lifeline® DermaLife K Medium, provide an ideal serum-free culture model, for the study of microbial-to-epithelial cell interactions, wound healing, toxicology or oral epithelial biology.
Oral keratinocytes have been isolated, plated and expanded in culture vessels twice before being harvested for cryopreservation to ensure the highest viability and plating efficiency.
Human oral keratinocytes are quality tested in DermaLife K Medium to ensure proper growth and morphology over a period of at least 15 population doublings.
Lifeline® keratinocytes are not exposed to antimicrobials or phenol red when cultured in the respective Lifeline® medium. This is an advantage since these supplements can cause cell stress and “masking effects” that may negatively impact experimental results.
Normal human oral keratinocytes (gingiva) are tested for:
- Cell count: 500,000 cryopreserved cells per vial
- Proliferation and Morphology: Normal cell appearance for 15 population doublings
- Cell viability: Minimum 70% viability when thawed from cryopreservation
- Sterility testing: Negative for mycoplasma; negative for bacterial and fungal growth for 14 days
- Virus testing: Negative for HIV-1, HIV-2, HBV, and HCV by PCR
Product Specification Sheets
Lung Cell Systems
SDS and “Safety Data Sheets”
(MSDS or Material Safety Data Sheets)
Protocols & Instructions