OsteoLife ™ Complete Osteogenesis Medium
OsteoLife™ Complete Osteogenesis Frozen Medium is a new medium optimized for the differentiation of Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells into osteocytes.
- Fully Supplemented – Offered as a convenient and easy to use, fully-supplemented complete frozen medium (100mL) to extend shelf-life.
OsteoLife contains no antimicrobials and no phenol red. Antimicrobials are not required, but are recommended during differentiation due to the duration of culture and the frequency of handling of the cultures. Antimicrobials and phenol red may be purchased separately from Lifeline.
OsteoLife Complete Osteogenesis Frozen Medium differentiates Adult Mesenchymal Stem Cells (left) into osteocytes. In comparisons with commercially-available media, OsteoLife shows superior efficiency of differentiation as demonstrated by the greater deposit of calcium.
Shown left: Adult Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells, passage 4, 4 days after inoculation with approximately 4,500 cells/cm2 (100X).
Shown below, left: Adult Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells differentiated into osteocytes using OsteoLife and stained with Lifeline Alizarin Red Stain to visualize the calcium deposition, post 3 weeks differentiation (1X).
Shown below, right: Adult Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells differentiated into osteocytes using a competitor osteogenesis differentiation kit and stained with Lifeline Alizarin Red Stain to visualize the calcium deposition, post 3 weeks differentiation (1X).
- Sterility: Negative for bacterial and fungal growth
- pH: 7.4 +/- 0.3
- Cell Performance: Rate of proliferation and morphology
- Osmolality: 330 +/- 15 mOsm
- Endotoxin: < 0.5 EU/mL
Product Specification Sheets
Stem Cell Systems, Human
- Normal Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells -- Wharton's Jelly [FC-0020]
- Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells -- Adult [FC-0034]
- Normal Human Bone Marrow Mesenchymal Stem Cells [FC-0057]
- Normal Human Pre-Adipocyte Cells [FC-0062]
- StemLife MSC Medium Complete Kit [LL-0034]
- TrypKit ™ -- 100 mL Large Kit (PBS, Trypsin/EDTA) [LL-0013]
- 2% Alizarin Red Stain [CM-0058]
SDS and “Safety Data Sheets”
(MSDS or Material Safety Data Sheets)