Lifeline® Human Bone Marrow Mesenchymal Stem Cells (HMSC-BM) provide an ideal culture model for the study of multipotent stem cell biology and differentiation processes.
HMSC-BM are isolated from Bone Marrow aspirate, expanded once, and cryopreserved as secondary cells to ensure optimal phenotype and the highest viability and plating efficiency.
Bone Marrow Mesenchymal Stem Cells can be expanded in an undifferentiated state for future differentiation to multiple lineages.
- Lifeline® Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells — Bone Marrow may be differentiated down the typical mesenchymal lineages, such as adipogenic, chondrogenic, and osteogenic.
Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells-Bone Marrow are characterized by flow cytometry to ensure the proper expression of multiple markers of mesenchymal stem cells. They are uniformly positive for CD29, CD44, CD73, CD90, CD105, and CD166. They are uniformly negative for CD14, CD31, CD34, and CD45.
Lifeline® has developed optimized media to expand Bone Marrow Mesenchymal Stem Cell products in the undifferentiated state, as well as optimized media kits for inducing Adipogenesis, Chondrogenesis, and Osteogenesis. Additionally, Lifeline® provides convenient staining kits for staining the fully differentiated cells.
Mesenchymal Stem Cells -Bone Marrow are quality tested for:
- Morphology: Normal morphology for 3 passages
- Cell Viability: Minimum 70% viability when thawed from cryopreservation
- Sterility Testing: Negative for mycoplasma. Negative for bacterial and fungal growth
- Virus Testing: Negative for HIV-1, HIV-2, HBV, and HCV by PCR
- Specific Staining: Positive* for CD29, CD44, CD73, CD90, CD105, CD166.
Negative* for CD14, CD31, CD34, CD45.
*Lifeline® defines positive expression as when greater than 95% of the cell population expresses that cell marker.
*Lifeline® defines negative expression as when less than 2% of the cell population expresses that cell marker.