VascuLife® VEGF-Mv (containing Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor) is a medium optimized for the culture of Primary Human Microvascular Endothelial Cells. VascuLife supports the rapid proliferation of these cells in a 5% serum environment.
Primary Microvascular Endothelial Cells cultured in VascuLife Microvascular medium medium out-perform Primary Cells grown in any similar medium.
You’ll get consistently reproducible results with VascuLife Microvascular Endothelial medium — it’s balanced and supplemented expressly for Primary Microvascular Endothelial Cells to maximize that individual cell type’s life expectancy.
- Your Primary Microvascular Cells will plate better using VascuLife optimized media (as compared to our nearest competitors’ media or traditional high-serum media)
- Your Primary Cells will grow more quickly in VascuLife medium than in other commercially-available media
- Primary Cells will maintain better morphology when cultured in VascuLife medium
VascuLife VEGF-Mv Medium grows Primary Human Dermal Microvascular Endothelial Cells and other Primary Human Microvascular Endothelial Cells at rates that meet or exceed other commercially available serum-containing media while maintaining excellent cell morphology.
- In comparisons with other commercially available media, VascuLife shows superior proliferation at different seeding densities.
VascuLife Basal Medium contains no antimicrobials and no phenol red. Lifeline offers these traditional supplements, but they are not required for eukaryotic cell proliferation. VascuLife VEGF-Mv contains rh VEGF which may affect stimulation assays. Lifeline recommends using VascuLife EnGS-Mv for these studies.
VascuLife Cell Culture Medium Components
VascuLife is offered in a kit format composed of basal medium and associated supplements and growth factors called LifeFactors. This kit allows you to prepare fresh medium in your laboratory, extending shelf life and enhancing performance. VascuLife Basal Medium is provided in a light-protected 500 mL bottle. The LifeFactors (growth factors and supplements) include:
ISO-Quality Testing for Guaranteed Consistency and Reproducible Results
Every production lot of VascuLife® VEGF-Mv Medium is extensively tested using Microvascular Endothelial Cells to ensure lot-to-lot consistency.
- Sterility Testing: Negative for bacteria and fungal growth
- pH: 7.8 +/- 0.3
- Cell Testing: Rate of proliferation and morphology
- Osmolality: 270 +/- 10 mOsm
- Endotoxin: < 0.5 EU/mL
Product Specification Sheets
Endothelial Cell Systems
Skin Cell Systems
Protocols & Instructions
- Dermal Microvascular Endothelial Cells-Neonatal (HD-MVECn), Human
- Normal Human Endothelial Cells
- Normal Human Microvascular Endothelial Cells
- VascuLife® VEGF-Mv Endothelial Cell Culture Medium
For Use With