VascuLife® EnGS (containing Endothelial Cell Growth Supplement) is a low-serum medium optimized for the culture of Human Endothelial Cells, including:
- Human Umbilical Vein Endothelial Cells (HUVEC)
- Human Aortic Endothelial Cells
- Other human large-vessel endothelial cells
VascuLife® supports the growth of these cells in a low-serum environment without human VEGF.
VascuLife® Basal Medium contains no antimicrobials and no phenol red.
- Kit format for formulation flexibility: VascuLife® EnGS culture medium is offered in a kit format composed of basal medium and associated supplements and growth factors called “LifeFactors®.” This kit allows you to prepare fresh medium in your laboratory, extending shelf life and enhancing performance.
- Protective packaging: VascuLife® Basal Medium is provided in a light-protected 500 mL bottle. The remaining LifeFactors® (growth factors and supplements) are packaged in a convenient gas-impermeable pouch for easy storage.
ISO-Style Quality Testing for Guaranteed Consistency and Reproducible Results
- Sterility: Negative for bacteria and fungal growth
- pH: 7.8 +/- 0.3
- Osmolality: 270 +/- 10 mOsm
- Endotoxin: < 0.5 EU/mL
VascuLife® EnGS Medium grows HUVEC and other human large-vessel endothelial cells, without the addition of human VEGF, at rates that meet or exceed other commercially available serum-containing media while maintaining excellent cell morphology. In comparisons with other commercially available media, VascuLife® shows superior proliferation at different seeding densities.
Shown at left: HUVEC, passage 2, 4 days after inoculation with 2,000 cells/cm2 (100X).
Shown below: HUVEC inoculated at low seeding density in 24-well plates. Higher fluorescence represents a greater number of cells per well, and therefore, better proliferation.