VascuLife® VEGF (containing Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor) is a low serum medium optimized specifically for the rapid proliferation of Primary Human Endothelial Cells, including:
- Primary Human Umbilical Vein Endothelial Cells (HUVEC)
- Primary Aortic Endothelial Cells
- Other Primary human large-vessel endothelial cells
Vasculife culture medium supports the growth of these Primary Cells in a low serum environment.
Primary Cells cultured in VascuLife medium out-perform cells grown in any similar medium
You’ll get consistently reproducible results with VascuLife, which is balanced and supplemented expressly for Primary Endothelial Cells to maximize cell life expectancy.
- Your Primary Cells will plate better using VascuLife medium (as compared to our nearest competitors’ media or traditional high-serum media)
- Your Primary Cells will grow more quickly in VascuLife medium than in other commercially-available media
- Primary Cells will maintain better morphology when cultured in VascuLife
VascuLife Basal Medium contains no antimicrobials and no phenol red.
VascuLife VEGF Medium contains rh VEGF, which may affect stimulation assays. Lifeline recommends using VascuLife EnGS for these types of studies.
- Kit Format: VascuLife culture medium is offered in a kit format composed of basal medium and associated supplements and growth factors called ” LifeFactors .” This kit allows you to prepare fresh medium in your laboratory, extending shelf life and enhancing performance.
- Protective Packaging: VascuLife Basal Medium is provided in a light-protected 500 mL bottle.
ISO-Style Quality Testing for Guaranteed Consistency and Reproducible Results
VascuLife VEGF medium grows HUVEC and other human large-vessel endothelial cells at rates that meet or exceed other commercially available serum-containing media while maintaining excellent cell morphology. In comparisons with other commercially-available media, Vasculife VEGF shows superior proliferation at different seeding densities.
Shown at left: HUVEC, passage 2, 4 days after inoculation with 2,000 cells/cm2 (100X).
Shown below: HUVEC inoculated at low seeding density in 24-well plates. Higher fluorescence represents a greater number of cells per well and therefore better proliferation.
Every production lot of VascuLife VEGF Endothelial Cell Culture Medium is extensively tested using Endothelial Cells.
- Sterility Testing: Negative for bacteria and fungal growth
- pH: 7.8 +/- 0.3
- Cell Testing: Rate of proliferation and morphology
- Osmolality: 270 +/- 10 mOsm
- Endotoxin: < 0.5 EU/mL
Product Specification Sheets
Endothelial Cell Systems
- Normal Human Umbilical Vein Endothelial Cells (HUVEC), Primary [FC-0003]
- Normal Human Aortic Endothelial Cells [FC-0014]
- Normal Human Iliac Artery Endothelial Cells [FC-0028]
- Human Coronary Artery Endothelial Cells [FC-0032]
- Human Umbilical Vein Endothelial Cells (HUVEC) --10-Donor Pool [FC-0044]
- Normal Human Pulmonary Artery Endothelial Cells [FC-0055]
Protocols & Instructions