StemLife MSC-BM Medium is a new medium optimized for the culture of Human Bone Marrow Mesenchymal Stem Cells. StemLife MSC-BM supports the undifferentiated expansion of Bone Marrow Stem Cells.
StemLife MSC-BM Basal Medium contains no antimicrobials and no phenol red. Lifeline® offers these supplements, but they are not required for eukaryotic cell proliferation.
- Kit format for formulation flexibility: StemLife MSC-BM culture medium is offered in a kit format composed of basal medium and associated supplements and growth factors called “LifeFactors®.” This kit allows you to prepare fresh medium in your laboratory, extending shelf life and enhancing performance.
- Protective packaging: StemLife MSC Basal Medium is provided in a light-protected 500 mL bottle. The remaining LifeFactors® are packaged in a convenient gas-impermeable pouch for easy storage.
Shown at left: Bone Marrow Mesenchymal Stem Cells, passage 3, 5 days after inoculation with 5,000 cells/cm2 (100X)
Shown below, left to right: Lifeline® Human Bone Marrow Mesenchymal Stem Cells differentiated to adipocytes (stained with Oil Red O, 400X), chondrocytes (sliced and stained with Alcian blue, 100X), and osteoblasts (stained with Alizarin Red S,100X).
Every production lot of StemLife MSC-BM culture medium is extensively tested using bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells. StemLife MSC-BM Medium and Gentamicin-Amphotericin B are cell culture tested separately.
- Sterility Testing: Negative for bacterial and fungal growth
- pH: 7.8 +/- 0.3
- Cell Testing: Rate of proliferation and morphology
- Osmolality: 270 +/- 10 mOsm
- Endotoxin: < 0.5 EU/mL
Product Specification Sheets
Stem Cell Systems, Human