Lifeline® has just launched our normal human Endometrial (Uterine) Epithelial Cells and Vaginal Epithelial Cells, along with ReproLife™ female reproductive epithelial optimized media. (Lifeline® female reproductive cells also include normal human Uterine Fibroblasts and Uterine Smooth Muscle Cells isolated from the Uterus.)
Human Female Reproductive System and the Latest Research
The female reproductive system that supports the fertilization and growth of an embryo includes the vagina, ovaries, fallopian tubes and the uterus. These organs all have a role in bringing a successful pregnancy to term, or alternatively, the expulsion of the functional layer of the Endometrial Epithelium during menses.
In a recent paper by Pabona, et. al., Lifeline® Normal Human Uterine Smooth Muscle Cells grown in VascuLife® SMC media were used as a control to myometrial biopsies from term and late-term pregnancies to study the contribution of Kruppel-like Factor 9 (KLF9) to human parturition.
They measured the expression levels of steroid hormone receptor, contractility, and inflammation-associated genes in myometrial biopsy tissue and in KLF-9-siRNA-transfected, RU486-treated human smooth muscle cells. They concluded that KLF9 may contribute to the onset of human parturition through is regulation of PGR expression and labor-associated cytokines.
Uses for Female Reproductive Cells in Research
Lifeline® Female Reproductive Cell Products can be utilized for the following purposes:
- As a Normal control cell system for various cancer studies:
- The uterine smooth muscle cell layer is where lieomyosarcoma tumors arise .
- Endometrial carcinomas arise from endometrial (uterine) epithelial cells ².
- For the study of normal female reproductive and female age-related biology: smooth muscle contractions, remodeling of the cervix during pregnancy and childbirth, hormonal changes, and menopause
- To research diseases of the female reproductive system: fibroid tumors, endometrial cancer, endometriosis
- And for toxicity and drug discovery studies
Our line of normal human female reproductive cells and culture media now includes:
- Normal Human Uterine Fibroblasts (HUtF)
- Normal Human Uterine Smooth Muscle Cells (HUtSMC)
- Normal Human Uterine Endometrial Epithelial Cells
- Normal Human Vaginal Epithelial Cells
- (and coming soon:) Normal Human Fallopian Tube Epithelial Cells
- FibroLife S2 Complete Medium for Uterine Fibroblasts
- VascuLife SMC Complete Medium for Uterine Smooth Muscle Cells
- ReproLife™ Female Reproductive Epithelial Complete Medium (for Uterine Endometrial Epithelial Cells and Vaginal Epithelial Cells)
All of our normal human female reproductive cells are cryopreserved to ensure the highest viability, purity, and plating efficiency. FibroLife® S2 and VascuLife® SMC media provide optimal culture conditions that meet or exceed other commercially available serum-containing media while maintaining cell morphology. ReproLife™ Complete Medium is a serum-free medium optimized for female reproductive epithelial cells.
What studies are you doing?
Are you working on any of our human female reproductive products? If so, please comment below this post about your latest findings using our products!