VascuLife® SMC medium is optimized for the culture of Human Smooth Muscle Cells (SMC). VascuLife® SMC supports the growth of these cells over a period of at least 15 population doublings. VascuLife® Basal Medium contains no antimicrobials and no phenol red.
- Kit format for formulation flexibility: Offered in a kit format composed of VascuLife® Basal Medium (500 mL) and associated supplements and growth factors called the VascuLife® SMC LifeFactors® Kit. This kit allows you to prepare fresh medium in your laboratory, extending shelf life and enhancing performance.
- Protective packaging: VascuLife® Basal Medium is provided in a light-protected 500 mL bottle. The remaining LifeFactors® (growth factors and supplements) are packaged in a convenient gas-impermeable pouch for easy storage.
VascuLife® SMC Medium grows Human Smooth Muscle Cells through at least 15 population doublings at rates that meet or exceed other commercially available serum-containing media, while maintaining excellent cell morphology. In comparisons with other commercially-available media, VascuLife® shows superior proliferation at different seeding densities.
Shown at left: Human Aortic Smooth Muscle Cells, passage 2, 4 days after inoculation with 2,500 cells/cm2 (100X).
Shown below: Human Aortic Smooth Muscle Cells inoculated at low seeding density in 24-well plates. Higher fluorescence represents a greater number of cells per well and therefore better proliferation.
ISO-Style Quality Testing for Guaranteed Consistency and Reproducible Results
Lifeline® Cell Technology manufactures products using the highest quality raw materials and incorporates ISO-style quality assurance in every production run. Exacting standards and production procedures ensure lot-to-lot consistency. Every production lot of VascuLife® SMC Medium is extensively tested using Vascular Smooth Muscle Cells.
- Sterility Testing: Negative for bacteria and fungal growth
- pH: 7.8 +/- 0.3
- Cell Testing: Rate of proliferation and morphology
- Osmolality: 270 +/- 10 mOsm
- Endotoxin: < 0.5 EU/mL