Lifeline® normal Human Uterine Fibroblast Cells, when grown in FibroLife® S2 Medium, provide ideal In Vitro models for Uterine contraction and relaxation studies, Uterine cancer studies, general Uterine biology studies and specific responses to estrogen, progesterone, relaxin, oxytocin and other female reproductive hormones.
Lifeline® Human Uterine Fibroblasts have been plated and expanded in culture vessels twice before being harvested for cryopreservation to ensure the highest purity, viability and plating efficiency. Our uterine fibroblasts are quality tested in FibroLife® S2 or FibroLife® Xeno-FreeTM Medium and demonstrate optimal growth at rates equal to or greater than classical serum-supplemented media.
- These media support the growth of our cells over a period of at least 15 population doublings.
Lifeline® uterine fibroblasts need not be exposed to antimicrobials or phenol red when cultured in FibroLife® Medium. It has long been established in the literature that phenol red acts as a weak estrogen in cell culture media and may stimulate estrogen receptors. This can cause masking effects that could negatively affect studies with human female reproductive cells.
500,000 cells per vial
Uterine fibroblasts are tested for:
- Proliferation and Morphology: Normal cell appearance for 15 population doublings
- Cell Viability: > = 70% viability when thawed from cryopreservation
- Sterility: Negative for mycoplasma Negative for bacterial and fungal growth
- Virus: Negative for HIV-1, HIV-2, HBV, and HCV by PCR
Product Specification Sheets
Female Reproductive Cell Systems
SDS and “Safety Data Sheets”
(MSDS or Material Safety Data Sheets)