Lifeline® normal Human Umbilical Vein Endothelial Cells (HUVEC), when grown in Lifeline® VascuLife® Medium, provide an ideal low serum culture model, with or without human VEGF, for the study of angiogenesis, atherosclerosis or vascular biology.
- Lifeline® HUVEC may be cultured with or without VEGF.
- HUVEC can be grown in low serum (2%) medium without phenol red or antimicrobials when cultured in VascuLife® medium.
Lifeline® HUVEC are isolated from human umbilical cords, and cryopreserved as primary cells to ensure the highest viability and plating efficiency.
- HUVEC are isolated in VascuLife® EnGS Medium to ensure that they remain unexposed to recombinant human VEGF.
- Our HUVEC are quality tested in VascuLife® 2% serum medium to ensure optimal reduced-serum growth over a period of at least 15 population doublings at rates equal to or greater than serum-supplemented medium.
- Lifeline® Umbilical Vein Endothelial Cells are not exposed to antimicrobials or phenol red when cultured in VascuLife® medium, an advantage since these supplements can cause cell stress and “masking effects” that may negatively impact experimental results.
500,000 cells per vial
Lifeline® umbilical vein endothelial cells have been quality tested for:
- Proliferation and Morphology: Normal cell appearance for 15 population doublings
- Cell Viability: Minimum 70% viability when thawed from cryopreservation
- Sterility: Negative for mycoplasma. Negative for bacterial and fungal growth
- Virus: Negative for HIV-1, HIV-2, HBV, and HCV by PCR
- Specific Staining: von Willebrand Factor positive. Smooth muscle a-actin negative.
Product Specification Sheets
Endothelial Cell Systems
SDS and “Safety Data Sheets”
(MSDS or Material Safety Data Sheets)