Lifeline® normal Human Aortic Endothelial Cells, when grown in Lifeline® VascuLife® Medium, provide an ideal low-serum culture model — with or without human VEGF — for the accurate testing of compounds for the study of atherosclerosis or vascular biology.
- Lifeline® Human Aortic Endothelial Cells are isolated in VascuLife EnGS Medium to ensure that they remain unexposed to recombinant human VEGF.
- Aortic Endothelial Cells may be cultured with or without VEGF.
- Our Aortic Endothelial Cells can be grown in low serum (2%) medium without phenol red or antimicrobials when cultured in VascuLife® medium.
Lifeline® aortic cells are isolated from human aorta and cryopreserved in second passage to ensure the highest viability and plating efficiency.
- Our human aortic epithelial cells are quality tested in VascuLife® EnGS 2% serum medium and demonstrate optimal reduced-serum growth over a period of at least 15 population doublings at rates equal to or greater than other serum-supplemented media.
Lifeline® aortic cells are not exposed to antimicrobials or phenol red when cultured in VascuLife® medium, an advantage since these supplements can cause cell stress and “masking effects” that may negatively impact experimental results.
500,000 cells per vial
Aortic Endothelial Cells have been quality tested for:
- Proliferation and Morphology: Normal cell appearance for 15 population doublings
- Cell Viability: Minimum 70% viability when thawed from cryopreservation
- Sterility: Negative for mycoplasma. Negative for bacterial and fungal growth
- Virus: Negative for HIV-1, HIV-2, HBV, and HCV by PCR
- Specific Staining: von Willebrand Factor positive. Smooth muscle a-actin negative.