Normal Human Pulmonary Artery Endothelial Cells
Lifeline® normal Human Pulmonary Artery Endothelial Cells (HPAEC), when grown in Lifeline® VascuLife® Medium, provide an ideal low-serum culture model, with or without human VEGF, for the study of angiogenesis, atherosclerosis or vascular biology.
- Pulmonary artery endothelial cells can be grown in low serum (2%) medium without phenol red or antimicrobials when cultured in VascuLife® medium.
- Lifeline® pulmonary artery endothelial cells may be cultured with or without VEGF.
Lifeline® pulmonary artery endothelial cells are isolated in VascuLife® EnGS Medium to ensure that they remain unexposed to recombinant human VEGF.
Lifeline® pulmonary artery endothelial cells are isolated from human pulmonary artery and cryopreserved at the earliest possible passage to ensure the highest viability, purity and plating efficiency.
- Our pulmonary artery endothelial cells are quality tested in VascuLife® EnGS Medium and demonstrate optimal reduced-serum growth over a period of at least 15 population doublings at rates equal to or greater than other serum-supplemented media.
- Lifeline® human pulmonary artery endothelial cells are not exposed to antimicrobials or phenol red when cultured in VascuLife® medium, an advantage since these supplements can cause cell stress and “masking effects” that may negatively impact experimental results.
500,000 cells per vial. The cells have been isolated, plated and expanded in culture vessels twice or three times before being harvested for cryopreservation.
Lifeline® pulmonary artery endothelial cells have been quality tested for:
- Proliferation and Morphology: Normal cell appearance for 15 population doublings
- Cell Viability: Minimum 70% viability when thawed from cryopreservation
- Sterility: Negative for mycoplasma. Negative for bacterial and fungal growth
- Virus: Negative for HIV-1, HIV-2, HBV, and HCV by PCR
- Specific Staining: von Willebrand Factor positive. Smooth muscle a-actin negative.
Product Specification Sheets
Endothelial Cell Systems
SDS and “Safety Data Sheets”
(MSDS or Material Safety Data Sheets)
Protocols & Instructions