Lifeline® Iliac Artery Endothelial cells, when grown in Lifeline® VascuLife ® culture medium, provide a low-serum culture ideal for the study of atherosclerosis and other cardiovascular diseases, general vascular biology research, wound healing and cell migration studies.
- Human Iliac Artery Endothelial Cells are isolated in a specialized endothelial cell medium called VascuLife® EnGS Medium to ensure that they remain unexposed to recombinant human VEGF. This specialized medium provides a low-serum (2%) environment with or without VEGF that results in optimal endothelial cell growth over a period of at least 15 population doublings at rates equal to or greater than serum-supplemented medium.
Lifeline® iliac artery endothelial cells are plated and expanded in culture vessels twice before being harvested for cryopreservation to ensure the highest viability, purity, and plating efficiency.
- These cells are not exposed to antimicrobials or phenol red when cultured in VascuLife® medium.
Iliac atery endothelial cells are quality tested for:
- Proliferation and Morphology: Normal cell appearance for 15 population doublings
- Cell Viability: Minimum 70% viability when thawed from cryopreservation
- Sterility Testing: Negative for mycoplasma, negative for bacterial and fungal growth
- Virus Testing: Negative for HIV-1, HIV-2, HBV and HCV by PCR
- Specific Staining: von Willebrand factor positive. Smooth muscle α-actin negative.
500,000 cells per vial