Lifeline® normal Human Primary Aortic Endothelial Cells, when grown in VascuLife® Endothelial Medium, provide an ideal low-serum culture model — with or without human VEGF — for the accurate testing of compounds for the study of atherosclerosis or vascular biology.
- PrimaryAortic Endothelial Cells are directly cultured from their source organ tissue and have not been modified in any way. This helps avoid altering the outcome of your experiments.
- Your research outcomes will be more representative of the general population: Primary Endothelial Cells can come from many donors without the accumulated mutations found in immortal cell lines.
- Primary Human Aortic Endothelial Cells are isolated in VascuLife EnGS Medium to ensure that they remain unexposed to recombinant human VEGF.
- Primary Aortic Endothelial Cells may be cultured with or without VEGF.
- Our Primary Aortic Endothelial Cells can be grown in low serum (2%) medium without phenol red or antimicrobials when cultured in VascuLife medium.
Primary Aortic Cells are isolated from human aorta. The cells have been isolated, plated and expanded in culture vessels twice before being harvested for cryopreservation to ensure the highest viability and plating efficiency.
- Our Human Aortic Endothelial Cells are quality tested in VascuLife EnGS 2% serum medium and demonstrate optimal reduced-serum growth over a period of at least 15 population doublings at rates equal to or greater than other serum-supplemented media.
Primary Aortic Endothelial Cells are not exposed to antimicrobials or phenol red when cultured in VascuLife medium, an advantage since these supplements can cause cell stress and “masking effects” that may negatively impact experimental results.
500,000 cells per vial
Aortic Endothelial Cells have been quality tested for:
- Proliferation and Morphology: Normal cell appearance for 15 population doublings
- Cell Viability: Minimum 70% viability when thawed from cryopreservation
- Sterility: Negative for mycoplasma. Negative for bacterial and fungal growth
- Virus: Negative for HIV-1, HIV-2, HBV, and HCV by PCR
- Specific Staining: von Willebrand Factor positive. Smooth muscle a-actin negative.
Product Specification Sheets
Endothelial Cell Systems
SDS and “Safety Data Sheets”
(MSDS or Material Safety Data Sheets)
Protocols & Instructions