DermaLife K cell culture medium is optimized specifically for culturing Primary Human Epidermal and Primary Oral Keratinocytes in a serum-free environment. DemaLife K supports the growth of these cells over a period of at least 15 population doublings.
You’ll get consistently reproducible results with DermaLife K medium — balanced and supplemented expressly for Primary Keratinocytes to maximize that individual cell type’s life expectancy.
- Primary Keratinocytes plate better using DermaLife K medium (as compared to our nearest competitors’ media or traditional high-serum media)
- Primary Keratinocytes grow more quickly in DermaLife K medium than in other commercially-available media
- Primary Keratinocytes maintain better morphology when cultured in DermaLife K medium
DermaLife K medium is offered in a kit format composed of DermaLife Basal Medium and associated supplements and growth factors called LifeFactors. With this kit, you can prepare fresh medium to enhance performance.
DermaLife Basal Medium is provided in a light-protected 500 mL bottle, and contains no antimicrobials and no phenol red. The LifeFactors include:
ISO-Style Performance Testing to Insure Value
DermaLife K Serum-Free Medium grows Primary Human Epidermal Keratinocytes and Primary Oral Keratinocytes through at least 15 population doublings at rates that meet or exceed other commercially available serum-free media while maintaining excellent cell morphology. In comparisons with other commercially-available media, DermaLife K shows superior proliferation of Primary Epidermal Keratinocytes at different seeding densities.
Guaranteed Consistency and Reproducible Results
Lifeline® Cell Technology manufactures products using the highest quality raw materials and incorporates ISO-style quality assurance in every production run. Exacting standards and production procedures ensure lot-to-lot consistency. Every production lot of DermaLife K Medium is extensively tested using Normal Human Primary Keratinocytes.
DermaLife K Serum-Free Medium is tested for:
Innovative Packaging Protects Your Medium
- The specially designed shrink label works as a light barrier to protect medium from light damage.
- A barrier sleeve helps protect the medium from contaminants found in the water bath.
Product Specification Sheets
Lung Cell Systems
Skin Cell Systems
Protocols & Instructions
- DermaLife® K Keratinocyte Culture Medium
- Normal Human Epidermal Keratinocytes Cells (HEK)
- Normal Human Oral Keratinocyte (Gingiva) Cells (HOKg)
For Use With