Lifeline® Normal HUVEC 10-Donor Pools, when grown in Lifeline VascuLife® Medium, provide an ideal low
-serum culture model, with or without human VEGF, for the study of angiogenesis, atherosclerosis or vascular biology without the concern of atypical results from a single donor.
- Human umbilical vein endothelial cells can be grown in low serum (2%) medium without phenol red or antimicrobials when cultured in VascuLife® medium.
- Our HUVEC may be cultured with or without VEGF.
Lifeline® human umbilical vein endothelial cells 10-Donor Pools are isolated from human umbilical cords. The cells are plated and expanded in culture vessels twice before being harvested for cryopreservation to ensure the highest viability, purity and plating efficiency.
- They are isolated in VascuLife® EnGS Medium to ensure that they remain unexposed to recombinant human VEGF.
Our HUVEC are quality tested in VascuLife® EnGS Medium and demonstrate optimal reduced-serum growth over a period of at least 15 population doublings at rates equal to or greater than other serum-supplemented media.
Lifeline® human umbilical vein endothelial cells are not exposed to antimicrobials or phenol red when cultured in VascuLife® medium, an advantage since these supplements can cause cell stress and “masking effects” that may negatively impact experimental results.
500,000 cells per vial
Lifeline® HUVEC are quality tested for:
- Proliferation and Morphology: Normal cell appearance for 15 population doublings
- Cell Viability: Minimum 70% viability when thawed from cryopreservation
- Sterility: Negative for mycoplasma. Negative for bacterial and fungal growth
- Virus: Negative for HIV-1, HIV-2, HBV, and HCV by PCR
- Specific Staining: von Willebrand Factor positive. Smooth muscle a-actin negative.