Lifeline® Normal Human Skin Fibroblasts – Neonatal (HDFn) provide an ideal cell system to establish serum free human feeder layers for human embryonic stem cell cultures or as a model to study wound healing, toxicology or basic cell biology.
Lifeline® Dermal Fibroblasts – Neonatal are isolated from neonatal human foreskin and cryopreserved as primary cells to ensure the highest viability and plating efficiency.
- Our skin fibroblasts are quality tested in FibroLife® S2 or FibroLife Xeno-Free Medium to ensure proper growth and morphology over a period of at least 15 population doublings.
- Lifeline® dermal fibroblasts tested in both FibroLife® Serum-Free Medium and FibroLife® S2 Medium display optimal growth at rates equal to or greater than classical serum-supplemented medium.
500,000 cells per vial
Lifeline® dermal fibroblasts – neonatal are not exposed to antimicrobials or phenol red when cultured in the appropriate Lifeline FibroLife® medium, an advantage since these supplements can cause cell stress and “masking effects” that may negatively impact experimental results.
Dermal fibroblasts are quality tested for:
- Cell Viability: Minimum 70% viability when thawed from cryopreservation
- Sterility Testing: Negative for mycoplasma. Negative for bacterial and fungal growth.
- Virus Testing: Negative for HIV-1, HIV-2, HBV, and HCV by PCR
Product Specification Sheets
Skin Cell Systems
SDS and “Safety Data Sheets”
(MSDS or Material Safety Data Sheets)