Lifeline® normal Human Primary Adult Dermal Fibroblasts (HDFa) provide an ideal cell system to establish serum free human feeder layers for human embryonic stem cell cultures or as a model to study wound healing, toxicology or basic cell biology.
- Primary Dermal Fibroblasts are directly cultured from their source organ tissue and have not been modified in any way.
- Primary Fibroblasts can come from many donors without the accumulated mutations of immortal cell lines.
Lifeline Primary Dermal Fibroblasts are cryopreserved after primary culture to ensure the highest viability and plating efficiency.
Primary Fibroblasts are quality tested in both FibroLife® Serum-Free Fibroblast Medium and FibroLife S2 Low Serum Fibroblast Medium to ensure:
- Optimal growth at rates equal to or greater than classical serum-supplemented medium
- Proper growth and morphology over a period of at least 15 population doublings.
500,000 cells per vial
Primary Adult Dermal Fibroblasts are not exposed to antimicrobials or phenol red when cultured in the appropriate Lifeline FibroLife medium, an advantage since these supplements can cause cell stress and “masking effects” that may negatively impact experimental results.
Primary Dermal fibroblasts are quality tested for:
- Cell Viability: Minimum 70% viability when thawed from cryopreservation
- Sterility Testing: Negative for mycoplasma. Negative for bacterial and fungal growth.
- Virus Testing: Negative for HIV-1, HIV-2, HBV, and HCV by PCR
Product Specification Sheets
Skin Cell Systems
SDS and “Safety Data Sheets”
(MSDS or Material Safety Data Sheets)
Protocols & Instructions