Lifeline® Normal Human Coronary Artery Endothelial Cells (HCAEC), when grown in Lifeline® VascuLife® Medium, provides an ideal culture model, with or without human VEGF, for the study of angiogenesis, atherosclerosis or vascular biology.
- Coronary Artery Endothelial Cells are isolated in VascuLife® EnGS Medium to ensure that they remain unexposed to recombinant human VEGF.
- Lifeline® Coronary Artery Endothelial Cells may be cultured with or without VEGF.
- Coronary Artery Endothelial Cells can be grown in low serum (2%) medium without phenol red or antimicrobials when cultured in VascuLife® medium.
Lifeline® HCAEC are isolated from human coronary arteries and cryopreserved as tertiary cells to ensure the highest viability and plating efficiency.
- Our HCAEC are quality tested in VascuLife® EnGS medium to ensure optimal reduced-serum growth over a period of at least 15 population doublings at rates equal to or greater than other serum-supplemented medium.
- Human Coronary Artery Endothelial Cells are not exposed to antimicrobials or phenol red when cultured in VascuLife® medium, an advantage since these supplements can cause cell stress and “masking effects” that may negatively impact experimental results.
500,000 cells per vial
Lifeline® Coronary Artery Endothelial Cells have been quality tested for:
- Proliferation and Morphology: Normal cell appearance for 15 population doublings
- Cell Viability: Minimum 70% viability when thawed from cryopreservation
- Sterility: Negative for mycoplasma. Negative for bacterial and fungal growth
- Virus: Negative for HIV-1, HIV-2, HBV, and HCV by PCR
- Specific Staining: von Willebrand Factor positive. Smooth muscle a-actin negative.