BronchiaLife™ Epithelial Airway Medium Complete Kit
BronchiaLife™ Cell Culture Medium Complete Kit is optimized for the serum-free culture of Human Airway Epithelial Cells, including Bronchial/Tracheal, Small Airway, and Lobar Bronchial Epithelial Cells.
BronchiaLife™ airway medium supports the growth of these cells over a period of at least 15 population doublings.
BronchiaLife™ Basal Medium contains no antimicrobials and no phenol red. Lifeline® offers antimicrobials and phenol red, but they are not required for eukaryotic cell proliferation.
- Kit format for formulation flexibility. Offered in a kit format composed of basal medium and associated supplements and growth factors called LifeFactors. This kit allows you to prepare fresh medium in your laboratory, extending shelf life and enhancing performance.
- Protective packaging. BronchiaLife™ Basal Medium is provided in a light-protected 500 mL bottle.
The BronchiaLife™ LifeFactors Kit includes:
Every production lot of BronchiaLife™ Medium is extensively tested using Human Airway Epithelial Cells.
- Sterility Testing: Negative for bacterial and fungal growth
- pH: 7.5 +/- 0.2
- Cell Testing: Rate of proliferation and morphology
- Osmolality: 315 +/- 10 mOsm
- Endotoxin: < 0.5 EU/mL
BronchiaLife™ Medium grows Human Bronchial/Tracheal Epithelial, Small Airway Epithelial, and Lobar Bronchial Epithelial Cells through at least 15 population doublings at rates that meet or exceed other commercially available media while maintaining excellent cell morphology. In comparisons with other commercially available media, BronchiaLife™ shows superior proliferation at different seeding densities.
Shown at left: Human Bronchial/Tracheal Epithelial Cells, passage 3, 4 days after inoculation with 5,000 cells/cm2 (100X).
Product Specification Sheets
Lung Cell Systems
- BronchiaLifeTM Cell Culture Medium
- Human Bronchial/Tracheal Epithelial Cells, Normal (HBTEC)
- Human Bronchial/Tracheal Epithelial Cells-Cystic Fibrosis (HBTEC-CF)
- Human Laryngeal Epithelial Cells, Normal (HLEC)
- Human Lobar Bronchial Epithelial Cells, Normal (HLBEC)
- Human Small Airway Epithelial Cells, Primary, Normal (HSAEC)
- Human Small Airway Epithelial Cells, Secondary, Normal (HSAEC)
- Human Small Airway Epithelial Cells- Asthma + Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (HSAEC-A+COPD)
- Normal Human Lung Cell Systems and Media
- Laryngeal Epithelial Cells, Primary [FC-0045]