BronchiaLife™ Epithelial Airway Medium Complete Kit
BronchiaLife™ Cell Culture Medium Complete Kit is composed and supplemented to maximize the life expectancy of Primary Human Airway Epithelial Cells.
The Complete Kit is optimized speciically for the serum-free culture of Primary Bronchial/Tracheal Epithelial Cells, Primary Small Airway Epithelial Cells, and Primary Lobar Bronchial Epithelial Cells.
Primary Cells cultured in Lifeline® medium out-perform cells grown in any similar medium:
- You’ll get consistently reproducible results with Lifeline media!
- Your cells will plate better using Lifeline optimized media (as compared to our nearest competitors’ media or traditional high-serum media)
- Your cells will grow more quickly in Lifeline media than in other commercially-available media
- Cells will maintain better morphology when cultured in Lifeline media
BronchiaLife airway medium supports the growth of these Primary Cells over a period of at least 15 population doublings.
The Basal Medium contains no antimicrobials and no phenol red. Lifeline offers antimicrobials and phenol red, but they are not required for eukaryotic cell proliferation.
- Kit format for formulation flexibility. Offered in a kit format composed of basal medium and associated supplements and growth factors called LifeFactors. This kit allows you to prepare fresh medium in your laboratory, extending shelf life and enhancing performance.
- Protective packaging. BronchiaLife Basal Medium is provided in a light-protected 500 mL bottle.
The BronchiaLife LifeFactors Kit includes:
Every production lot of BronchiaLife Medium is extensively tested using Primary Human Airway Epithelial Cells.
- Sterility Testing: Negative for bacterial and fungal growth
- pH: 7.5 +/- 0.2
- Cell Testing: Rate of proliferation and morphology
- Osmolality: 315 +/- 10 mOsm
- Endotoxin: < 0.5 EU/mL
BronchiaLife™ Medium grows Primary Human Bronchial/Tracheal Epithelial, Primary Small Airway Epithelial, and Primary Lobar Bronchial Epithelial Cells through at least 15 population doublings at rates that meet or exceed other commercially available media while maintaining excellent cell morphology. In comparisons with other commercially available media, BronchiaLife™ shows superior proliferation at different seeding densities.
Shown at left: Primary Human Bronchial/Tracheal Epithelial Cells, passage 3, 4 days after inoculation with 5,000 cells/cm2 (100X).
Product Specification Sheets
Lung Cell Systems
- BronchiaLifeTM Cell Culture Medium
- Human Bronchial/Tracheal Epithelial Cells, Normal (HBTEC)
- Human Bronchial/Tracheal Epithelial Cells-Cystic Fibrosis (HBTEC-CF)
- Human Laryngeal Epithelial Cells, Normal (HLEC)
- Human Lobar Bronchial Epithelial Cells, Normal (HLBEC)
- Human Small Airway Epithelial Cells, Primary, Normal (HSAEC)
- Human Small Airway Epithelial Cells, Secondary, Normal (HSAEC)
- Human Small Airway Epithelial Cells- Asthma + Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (HSAEC-A+COPD)
- Normal Human Lung Cell Systems and Media
- Laryngeal Epithelial Cells, Primary [FC-0045]