Lifeline® normal Human Small Airway Epithelial Cells (HSAEC), when grown in Lifeline BronchiaLife™ Airway Epithelial Medium, provide an ideal serum-free culture model for the study of respiratory infection, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, cystic fibrosis, response to inflammation, and the damaging effects of smoking.
Primary Airway Epithelial Cells are directly cultured from their source organ tissue. They are cryopreserved after primary culture, e.g., cells are isolated from human lung tissue and expanded once in culture vessels before being harvested for cryopreservation. Cryopreserving after primary culture helps ensure the highest viability and plating efficiency.
Lifeline Primary Cells are not exposed to retinoic acid during isolation or expansion, and they are not exposed to antimicrobials or phenol red.
Primary Small Airway Epithelial Cells are extensively tested in BronchiaLife Medium to ensure optimal growth over a period of at least 15 population doublings at rates equal to or greater than other commercially available media. BronchiaLife has been composed and supplemented to maximize the life expectancy of Primary Airway Epithelial Cells. Lifeline guarantees performance and quality.
HSAEC are tested for:
- Proliferation and Morphology: Normal cell appearance for 15 population doublings
- Cell Viability: Minimum 70% viability when thawed from cryopreservation
- Sterility: Negative for mycoplasma, bacterial and fungal growth
- Virus: Negative for HIV-1, HIV-2, HBV, and HCV by PCR
500,000 cryopreserved cells per vial
Product Specification Sheets
Lung Cell Systems
- BronchiaLife™ Epithelial Airway Medium Complete Kit [LL-0023]
- BronchiaLife ™ Epithelial Basal Medium [LM-0007]
- BronchiaLife™ LifeFactors Kit [LS-1047]
SDS and “Safety Data Sheets”
(MSDS or Material Safety Data Sheets)
Protocols & Instructions