Normal Human Primary Lung Fibroblasts
Lifeline® normal Human Primary Lung Fibroblasts provide an ideal cell system to:
- Study wound healing, toxicology, cancer, or basic cell biology.
- Use for drug screening, drug development, and genome editing applications.
- Establish serum free human feeder layers for human embryonic stem cells (ESCs), induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs), and other cell culture applications requiring feeder layers.
Lifeline® Human Lung Fibroblasts have been isolated, plated and expanded in culture vessels as Primary Cells before being harvested for cryopreservation to ensure the highest purity, viability and plating efficiency.
Our Lung Fibroblasts are quality tested in FibroLife® S2 or FibroLife® Xeno-Free Medium and demonstrate optimal growth at rates equal to or greater than classical serum-supplemented media. Fibroblasts are tested for:
- Proliferation and morphology: normal cell appearance for a period of at least 15 population doublings.
- Cell Viability: Minimum 70% viability when thawed from cryopreservation
- Sterility Testing: Negative for mycoplasma. Negative for bacterial and fungal growth.
- Virus Testing: Negative for HIV-1, HIV-2, HBV, and HCV by PCR
Lifeline® human lung fibroblasts need not be exposed to antimicrobials or phenol red when cultured in FibroLife® Medium, an advantage since these supplements can cause cell stress and “masking effects” that may negatively impact experimental results.
500,000 cells per vial
Product Specification Sheets
Lung Cell Systems
SDS and “Safety Data Sheets”
(MSDS or Material Safety Data Sheets)
Protocols & Instructions